Tuesday, February 3, 2009

One Sick Baby

Presley had a bad cough Friday when we picked her up from daycare, so I called the doctor and made an appointment for Monday. Friday night she had fever. I decided Saturday morning that I did not want to wait until Monday to find out what was going on. I knew that if they gave her some medicine, she could be fine by Monday. I took her to the clinic at Children's Hospital. They said she had the "daycare crud". It is amazing how daycares have their own special diseases isn't it? They told me she was sick and sent us home. Well by Sunday night, her temperature was around 103, and I knew there was more to blame than daycare. Of course, parent-teacher conferences were Monday so neither Nick nor I could take off. Presley's Big Daddy and Nana Raine came through (they always do)! Doctor Blair said that, of course, it was an ear infection. She said that she hates to say that the previous doctor made a mis-diagnosis, but an ear infection this bad had not happened recently. (Can you hear me screaming?) I usually do not vent on here, but I have to say that being a working mother is hard enough without doctors making judgments based on the fact that my child goes to daycare! I felt like the doctor had made up his mind before he ever looked in her ears. I wonder if he would have caught the ear infection would he have called it "daycare ear" =)

Now that I have that off of my chest, I will give you what you want- My feverish baby in "loose clothing" begging us to put on her hoodie so she can "GO"!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Is that a Carter's dress? If so Makayla has that same one.

Jen said...

I know what you mean! Doctors that don't know Luke already always ask if he goes to day care! Who cares?! It shouldn't matter if he does or doesn't...he's sick, fix it!

Sorry, just thought I'd let you know that I've been there.

The Cowart Family said...

We hope Presley get's better soon!

Katy Hill said...

I am so sorry that Presley has been so sick! I'm glad you finally got the right diagnosis. Poor baby just wants to go outside and play.