Saturday, January 29, 2011

Warm Weather and My Favorite New Thing

It is hard to believe, but it was warm yesterday! It was raining/snowing/sleeting Tuesday, and warm by Friday! We took advantage of the weather by taking the 4-wheeler to the duck lease to do a little scouting. Based on what we saw, Nick should hunt geese. What we thought was water in a distant field were really geese.


My new favorite thing is my Nook Color. I got it at the beginning of January. I liked it because it has children's books in color and some also have a read aloud feature, and it also has a web browser. I have read more recently than I have in years- maybe more than I ever have! It has a touch screen, so Presley knows how to work it. She had figured out in minutes that if a book had an orange button, it would read to her. The prices of the chidren's books seem a little high, and they don't seem like they ever go down, but you can get most novels that are in mass market paperback for five dollars. New releases are around twelve dollars. I have read the first two books in the Lisbeth Salander series, Water for Elephants, Heaven is Real, and I am now reading A Time to Kill. Barnes and Noble has Free Fridays, so I downloaded The Apothecary's Daughter yesterday. You can also get newspapers and magazines. I get Runner's World. I thought it would motivate me, but it hasn't helped my runner's knee!


No comments: