Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy 2012!

I just thought that I would post about Christmas break and 2012 so far. I didn't want to blog over our break, and we have been so busy since school started back! Our break started earlier than most schools, but we were back in school by January 2nd.

We celebrated Christmas with the Hills on Christmas Eve. We went to stay with them the day before, and we had a brunch the next morning.  Presley's big gift was a Disney Princess Castle. She wanted to play with it so bad, but we had to wait until we came back home because it has 7, 982 pieces.



After we left the Hill's, we headed to my parents and all of us went to The Church at Rock Creek for their Christmas Eve service. It was really nice. I think my favorite part was the music! They had great musicians complete with an orchestra! We stayed with my family Christmas Eve. We made Santa White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn and put out reindeer food. I am pretty sure that they liked their treats because Presley got lots of stuff! 

We thought Presley wanted Crisco because she kept saying if she got Crisco, she could bake by herself. If you asked her what the commercial said, she would say, "Batteries not included." We found out she wanted Press Dough!



Presley got Will a Forever Lazy, she got my mom a pink furry steering wheel cover, and my dad an Oscar the Grouch hoodie! I am sure that they are their favorite gifts!

A few days after Christmas, Papa D and Skylar came to stay with us so that they could go hunting with Nick.  They had a pretty good hunt, and it was nice to have company!



Nick and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary on New Year's Eve, but because it is so hard to do anything without waiting FOREVER on NYE, we decided to celebrate on the 30th.  We went to Tunica and stayed at the Horseshoe. We ate at Jack Binion's Steakhouse. It was so good! One thing that I miss about working in LR is Starbucks, so I was so happy that there was one in the hotel! It is the little things like gingerbread lattes that make me happy!



My parents invited us over for dinner on NYE. My dad fixed some great ribeyes, we shot some fireworks, and we were back in Des Arc before midnight (and asleep).  The next day we got ready to restart the daily grind!


We Believe Christmas Card
Turn your favorite family photos into Christmas cards.
View the entire collection of cards.

2 comments:

Sara Bell said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy New Year! I always say this but Presley is just too cute!!!

karlyn jay said...

shes so cute! :)