Saturday, July 28, 2012

Our July

After we got home from the beach, it was time to celebrate the 4th.  We had friends over for a cookout, but I forgot to take pictures! We had a ton of food complete with homemade ice cream. Just when we were serving the ice cream, some more friends saw us outside and joined us. I love that. 



I took Presley to the summer reading program at our library. On the last day, they had a pajama party and the tooth fairy (Shelbey) visited! 


This is apparently what Presley thinks that I look like.  Nick would never say anything about how big I am getting, but each time I have gotten pregnant he starts running! I had to quit running because it got uncomfortable and too hot, so he starts. I really miss running. I hope I can get back in shape and run in a race by next spring, but I bet that lack of sleep may interfere with that plan!

I turned 30 on the 12th, and I woke up to this in my front yard! Aren't friends the best! Thanks Teresa. Next year maybe you won't run to Kansas on your birthday!
We left later that day to go to Branson for Nick's family reunion. We got to take Presley to the Dixie Stampede. She loved it. The only way I could get her to eat any of that massive amount of food was to feed her. She was not going to take her eyes off of the show for a minute!



This guy was getting Chex in his costume, and he stopped for a photo op! Chex was interested in Presley's hair, but I think that the hairspray must have tasted bad.



Presley was definitely in love with those pretty dresses! The people there were so sweet to her!

The big event at the family reunion is always a Saturday night cookout. Nick's mom has lots siblings, so they get each one a different color shirt for their family.  So we all have our shirts on for the cookout, and we all love to hate them. I think it is hilarious because Nick is such a bad sport about it! He refuses to wear it except for the family photo. 

Exhibit A: Notice everyone else in their bright colored Ts? Not Nick. He is wearing a gray shirt while playing in the bag-o  competition. 
The kids had lots of fun playing on the playground. They had more fun at the pool, but I didn't get a pic. It had big water slides and the lights in the pool changed colors. Presley called it the disco pool.

Presley loved the bathtub! She has to have something to play with in the bath. I'm glad a plastic bottle will do.


We went to the outlet stores before we left Branson. The Polo Factory Store is the best! I picked up some of those Polo Ts that everyone is wearing for Will. They were only $15, and Dillard's sells them for $40! Nick got some of the collared shirts for $40, and can get one at Dillard's for around $90. So crazy! Don't you love a good deal? Presley picked this out at the Disney store. She is so silly!
We have been working on Emma Grace's room (finally). Nick reading instructions! What? Had to take a picture!

Presley and Shorty were supervising. 

Yay! I am going with white furniture and I want a vintage feel. I really wanted a vintage Jenny Lind crib, and I found one at a flea market (it had to be fixed), but never heard from them. Nick talked me into getting a new one because they are finished and safer. The other day I went to the flea market, and she said, "We are almost finished with the crib!" Oh well! This one is perfect!

Emma's drawers are filling up fast!

I covered Presley's car seat with a lot of minky fabric. It is so soft and PINK!

My next project: sand, prime, and paint this armoire. I am thinking about painting the inside aqua. I am trying to embrace color, but I love tans and black and white.

Emma's "closet" poor girl doesn't have one in her room! This is in our hallway, but it works! Sort of.


My other next project: make this $5 frame a fabulous hair bow holder. (from Pinterest of course!)



No comments: