Monday, September 22, 2008

We're still here!

Just a little under the weather... Presley had a double ear infection a few weeks ago, and after her medicine was gone, she still seemed sick. I called the doctor's office to see if someone could just check her ears, but they said she would have to have an appointment. Nick took her to the doctor Thursday but Presley's doc wasn't in so she had to see someone else. They said she had a sinus infection that had moved into her tear duct too. We got oral antibiotics and something for her poor baby eye. Friday they called from daycare and said Presley had fever. I called the doctor's office to tell them, and they said not to worry- the medicine just hasn't had time to work. Well, she ran fever all weekend. It got up to 102.8- I know that is not high in the baby world, but it made Presley feel terrible. I took her to the doctor again this morning, and her right ear was "bulging with puss". UGH! Dr. Blair said that it was way past what oral antibiotics could take care of. So, Presley got a shot, we have to take her tomorrow for another shot, and then Wednesday for...you guessed it...another shot! Scary. The doctor on Thursday said that her ears looked fine!
Last weekend we went to the park. Presley had fun, and I got some cute photos! The pink outfit is from yesterday. She was being goofy, and had snot all over her face! I'm looking forward to getting rid of that stuff!








3 comments:

Raine said...

I hope our sweetie gets well soon! She looks so cute at the park and standing up. What a big girl! Love you all. Mom and Dad

Katy Hill said...

We'll be at the Dr.'s Office tomorrow, too! Owen has had a runny nose and cough for 2 weeks now, so we're getting it checked out. Bless Presley's heart-I hope the shots help her finally feel better!

The Cowart Family said...

I am so sorry that Presley is going threw all this. I hope she gets better soon. I know shots are hard for our babies but they are SUPER hard for us parents. So, Beth I be thinking of you too!