Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Flood Update

The White River should crest later this week at 37.5 feet, but the level now is 37.11 feet. They have called off school for the remainder of the week, and we will try to go on Monday. Nick asked me what we were going to do for the rest of the week, and I told him we were going to enjoy our waterfront property.

Presley had to take a detour.

The River. That is our pastor standing on the edge. God has perfect timing. The lesson for the week in our Masterworks book is about natural disasters.

The road in front of our house yesterday.

The road in front of our house today.

The football practice field.


I saw a couple of men inspecting our road this morning, so, of course, I went out to convince them to close it because I was having to hold my breath every time someone drove through it.  They laughed. Then they closed the road. I should become a lobbyist.
Now I can stop looking out the window and holding by breath.

No comments: