Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Makeup Days and Vacation

Our school's superintendent and a couple of school board members went in front of the Arkansas State Board of Education yesterday to ask for a waiver for the days that we missed due to the historic flood that devastated many homes, farms, and property. We missed 8 days of school, and they waived 3 days. I guess that is better than none, but not much. 

So... I would like to focus on the positive and tell you about our Florida vacation that we will be taking this summer. (I have learned some lessons on not telling everyone on Earth when you won't be home for an extended period of time. Have you seen http://robmenow.com/ ?) On January 1st we (Nick, my mom, dad, and I) spent some time planning our beach vacay, and we knew that we like laid back beaches that aren't heavily populated and we didn't want to be by rows and rows of condos and hotels. I got on Google maps and looked around until I found a place that we had never heard of. This place was Port St. Joe. Then, I found a beach house nearby on VRBO, called the owners, and we sent in the deposit!  We are staying at Cape San Blas in a house on the beach for TWO WEEKS! Yep, I can't wait. We were going to stay for one, but Nick and I thought two sounded much better!

Here is a view from the porch swing at the house.

Did I mention that I can't wait?

1 comment:

Sara Bell said...

Oh so much fun!!! We are going twice and yes I will need lots of prayer because Lola isn't much of a traveler.. And we need a date!