Monday, April 16, 2012

Last Week

Last week was a sad and crazy week. My grandfather passed away Sunday, we went to work on Monday, flew to NC Tuesday, had visitation Wednesday, the funeral was Thursday, spent some time with my family Friday, and flew home Saturday.
It is always nerve racking to travel with a child, but Presley was WONDERFUL. People that had the luck to sit by the dreaded 4 year old on the plane even told me that she was the best kid they had ever sat by. It was really a blessing. I should add that being able to download TV shows on iPads is also a blessing!

My grandfather was such a unique person. He was buried in French cuffs with beautiful cuff links like he always wore, a pin from the Republican Presidential Task Force (his TV has the Fox News symbol burnt on the screen), and a copper coffin. He was drafted into the Army during the Korean War, so an American flag was on his coffin before they presented it to my grandmother. I know he is in a better place than we are, and I know we will see each other again!

No comments: