Sunday, June 17, 2012

VBS and Hot Springs

A couple of years ago, I taught 5th and 6th graders at VBS and I thought that it was a little too much like my job. I had a hard time turning my teacher mode off, so I thought that I would teach 4 year olds this year. We had about 15 in the class, and I don't know what I would have done without the sweet people that helped me with the! I have already started praying for Presley's preschool teachers.  I called the director yesterday to check and see if there was anything that I could work with Presley on to make her life easier! Working with kids that young is a challenge! I enjoyed teaching the kids about Jesus, and I loved seeing them having fun at church! 


We had a VBS wrap-up party Sunday night. Presley was so funny up there singing! She loves to sing, but she usually sings a few words behind every song. My friends and I were cracking up while she was singing in her style very loudly!

Here is a link to the video. I couldn't get it to embed right!

We gave awards for the "VBS Challenge" this year, and Presley won one for her class! She earned most of her points from learning scripture. I was surprised that she did so well at remembering the words and the books. My favorite that she learned last week was "Be strong. Do not be afraid. God is with you always." Joshua 1:9.

After the kids showed us their awesome skills, we had hot dogs, chips, and snowcones in the Fellowship Hall and then we headed outside for carnival games! Some of the teachers even volunteered for the dunking booth and pies in the face! I refrained from such antics, but I had fun watching! It was such a fun way to end the week!


After all of that fun, we headed to Hot Springs for a few days. Nick had to go to some professional development, and we couldn't let him go by himself!  Presley and I went to Mid-America Science Museum Monday and headed to Magic Springs Tuesday. We had so much fun at both places!


No comments: