Thursday, January 28, 2010

New Perspectives

We all traveled to SE Arkansas earlier this week to meet up with all the Popes and remember my grandfather.  It was so strange to go down there knowing what we were there for, but also being so glad to be together. My grandmother’s cousin led the service, and it was so nice to have someone that knew my grandfather to share memories with.  He even remembered that my grandfather seldom came to eat before his food was cold, and he reminded us at how my grandma Betsy would say, “Your eggs are stone cold!” and Pop would reply, “Good, that’s how I like them.” I thought that my grandfather was a pretty funny guy, but sometimes my grandmother didn’t.  I also remember that after my grandmother was gone, we all wanted to eat before Pop came to the table because when he got there, he would just cry and cry about missing my grandmother. 

It is always interesting that God can bring us back to remembering the important things in life through losing people that we love.

Presley enjoyed all the attention that she received, and all the toys, books, candy, and sweets.  She also enjoyed Snickers. Snickers is my cousin’s puppy. Presley really liked to hold her and would get a very tight grip on Snickers anytime you tried to take her away! That is my mom trying to pry Presley’s fingers off!

DSC_0005

DSC_0031

No comments: