Saturday, March 20, 2010

Expectations

In our Marriage Enrichment class at church last Sunday we talked about how we need to share our expectations with our spouses.  For instance, if you are going on a vacation, you need to talk about what you want to do before you go so neither of you will be disappointed or mad.

Well, I wish Presley (and Nick) could understand my expectations for spring break.  Here they are. They are (pretty) simple...

I expect to sleep until AT LEAST 7:00.  I want to wake up, brew some coffee, have a cup while I do whatever I deem important at that moment.  After this, Presley is allowed to wake up.  I will then do whatever she and Nick want me to do. I would also appreciate it if Presley would take a nap after lunch. I will use this time that she is sleeping to pick up her toys and clean so that she can start over when she gets up.  I also need to have one day to be able to get ready for my Praxis III assessment.  I will spend this day making lesson plans, cleaning my classroom, and freaking out.

Presley woke up at 5:00 this morning, and she finally went back to sleep.  Nick wanted to get up to go fishing, so he whispered to ask if she was asleep.  This woke her up. Then Nick left. I don't blame him!

Here is Presley feeding the birds yesterday. She was crying about something yesterday, and I asked her if she wanted to feed the birds. She immediately wiped her eyes and said, "I not crying anymore!"

No comments: