Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Middle of Nowhere...

That is where we live. Other people think that they live in the middle-of-nowhere, but I have proof that we do. DA is a town in the middle of fields. In any direction that you go, this is what you will find.
Yep. Soybeans, corn, rice, and more soybeans. Every now and then, you may see some milo. WooHoo! I must admit that I think the rice levees are cool. Once I asked a student how they know where to put the levees and the gates. This induced a very rowdy argument in my class about farming methods. Ugh. I'll Google it next time.

Here is a pic of Presley while we were driving through the fields trying to get back to the middle-of-nowhere. We have to stop by Sonic and get mommy a vanilla Diet Coke every time we get back to civilization. (Civilization means that there is a Sonic and a Wal-Mart in case you didn't know.)

No comments: