Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The River Market

Presley and I went to the River Market yesterday. We went to the Museum of Discovery first. As soon as we walked in we headed to the play area for 6 and under. There is this sound of snoring, and Presley looks up SCREAMS and takes off in the opposite direction running for her life. I catch her, and she is shaking! There is a sleeping dragon above the gate to the play area, and Presley was terrified. I tell her it is okay and we keep going, but we can still hear the snoring dragon. She didn't calm down until we left to go to another area in the museum!
They have Wiggle Worm Discoveries for toddlers at 10:00 on Tuesdays, and there were tons of kiddos there. Ms. Nicole read a book about transportation, showed us a dove, and then we made airplanes and colored them. Presley was coloring hers and she asked me to write her name on it (which I thought was cute), then she said, "Will you write daddy right here?" So sweet.

We played until 11:30 when my mom came and met us for lunch. We walked down to Bill's Street. They have really great burgers, but skip the fries and get a side salad. After lunch, we went to the Witt Stephens Nature Center. It was really pretty, and they have free admission. We enjoyed looking at the fish and the alligators.
My mom had to go back to work, so Presley and I went back to the museum to play. There were lots of kids in the play area by this time, and Presley was getting very protective of the toys that she was playing with. (Some boy, that must have been 5, kept running up to her and trying to steal her broom!) I decided that we should leave before she smacked someone with the broom! We got to the Police Station right when the trolley stopped, so we hopped on. I thought it was a nice break, but Presley was ready to get off within 5 minutes.

When we got off, we went into the River Market and visited the Brown Sugar bakery. We picked up a couple of cupcakes and sat down to enjoy!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I had fun with you Presley. Nana Raine