Friday, July 29, 2011

...Girls Trip...

Last Friday we went to stay with my parents so that we could get up early and go to the lake Saturday morning. On the way to DeGray, we had a flat on the trailer! I was glad that there were three men there to fix it, but I got sick to my stomach every time I turned around and saw 18-wheelers speeding toward us at what seemed like 200 mph. We made it to the lake, and it was fabulous! The water felt great, and it was a beautiful day. We docked the boat at Iron Mountain and headed back Sunday morning.



Goofy kid!


Love this picture! Presley had so much fun tubing with her daddy! The ride was cut short because we saw lightning down the lake, and we had to get off the water.

Monday morning Presley and I went to my friend, Teresa's house so that we could take a mini vacay in Little Rock. Teresa has two teenagers, and her daughter and niece were going to be at a culinary camp at the Clinton Library. Instead of driving back and forth all week, she decided to stay at a hotel for a couple of nights and invited Presley and I to come.

On Monday, we shopped at the mall, met a friend of Teresa's for lunch at P.F. Chang's, checked in to the hotel, played on a rabbit, went to the Clinton Library Shop, went to dinner at The Flying Fish, played by the river, and went swimming!

Owling on the rabbit. (Have you heard of owling? How about planking?)

Vertical planking on the rabbit?

The Flying Fish serves kid meals in a boat! Presley loved it!


On Tuesday, we went to the Farmer's Market (LOVE), played at the Splash Park, went to see the Peabody Ducks, checked out the State House, ate lunch at Juanita's, played at the Witt-Stephens Wildlife Center, took a nap, and had dinner at Benihana's, and went swimming (of course)! One of the things that I love about downtown Little Rock is that there is so much free stuff to do! The Farmer's Market, Splash Park, Peabody Ducks (and elevator), State House (they have a playroom), and Witt-Stephens Center are all free!











On Wednesday, we checked out of the hotel, went to Barnes and Noble, ate at Macaroni Grill, watched Cars 2, read books at the downtown library, picked up the girls, and headed home. Presley had so much fun! She cried when I told her that we were going home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Great photos. Nana Raine

Sara Bell said...

There is so much to do in LR! Looks like you kept busy!!! I want to take Lola to see the ducks at the Peabody! I will put that on my summer bucket list!!! I miss you!!