Monday, October 31, 2011

Catching Up

My parents came for a visit a few Saturdays ago. My dad and Nick went fishing, and my mom, Presley, and I went shopping! It was so nice to spend some time together, and the weather was beautiful! Thanks for coming to see us Nana Raine and Big Daddy!

Scout has been growing and sleeping and eating and chewing on EVERYTHING. She hasn't torn anything valuable up YET. I can't resist taking pics of her when she is sleeping, and since she does that a lot here are some pics.



Last Friday night there was a football game in Woodlawn, and muzzleloader season started.  Since we were close to my family's land in Hamburg, we headed down there so Nick could hunt.  Presley was running around Friday night at the game, but Saturday morning when she woke up, her little cheeks were so red. I knew that she was running fever. We got up and went to the store to get a thermometer and medicine.  Her temp was around 100, so I gave her some Motrin. She just wanted to sit around all day, but it was gorgeous outside! I tried to talk her into playing outside, and after a while, she did.  I got lots of pics of her walk in the woods, but after that, she was pretty attached to my mom. 







We had a fish fry Saturday night complete with pumpkin carving, a bonfire, and smores! Many of my faborite family memories involve fish fries, fires, and smores.  It seems that Presley's will too!

Saturday night Presley was burning up. I was scared to take her temperature because I didn't want to know what it was! It ended up being 103.6, so I put her in one of my shirts and took her outside in the cool night air.  Her fever went down and didn't get that high again, but she wasn't fever free until Wednesday. We were glad that she was healthy for her big birthday!

No comments: