Saturday, October 15, 2011

{puppy love}

I attempted to post last week, but didn't have time to finish! Presley was running fever in my last post, and she was still running fever on Tuesday, so Nick took her to the doctor. She ended up having a UTI, but she was much better after a few doses of antibotics. 

Last Monday, I helped out with a ladies' salad and dessert social that my sweet and super-talented friend, Sara put together.  There were almost 80 women there, and we were blessed to hear Dena's testimony about her stuggle with a brain tumor that developed when her son was just six months old and her daughter was four. Her cancer is in remission now, and she got a hair cut not long ago! She has an amazing story about how the Lord worked in so many parts of her life- from insurance to money to people farming her husband's land to people taking care of her children. 

We have still been cheering on the Eagles! We won last week's game against Palestine-Wheatley, but lost last night to Carlisle. Sara made this cute outfit for Presley. I told you she is talented!


I made my first attempt at a burlap door hanger. It didn't turn out quite how I wanted it to, but Presley likes it!
And, the biggest news~

We brought home our new dog! Her name is Scout, and she is a black lab. Presley is having so much fun with her! Scout is actually Nick's dog, and he hopes to train her to retrieve ducks. 

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love the door hanger! Very cute! I'm impressed :) And your new puupy is adorable! I miss you!